This turkey burger sliders kid friendly recipe is a hit. Looking for wholesome, kid-friendly dinners that adults will want to eat too? This tasty, and healthy recipe will soon be one of your family’s favorites:
These mouth-watering turkey burgers have just the right amount of spices and a burst of sweet cranberries. They are a delicious, nutritious and appetizing way to get your family to eat healthy.
Kid friendly sliders on a plate
- 1/8 cup Brown rice, long-grain, regular, dry
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh onion, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh celery, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw ground turkey, lean
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 6 mini whole-wheat rolls (small dinner roll size, approximately 1 ounce each)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine brown rice and 1/2 cup water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low. Cover and cook until water is absorbed, about 30-40 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled. (Note–A rice cooker may be used with the same quantity of brown rice and water.)
Heat canola oil in a small skillet. Add onions, celery, and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine turkey, egg, cranberries, spinach, Worcestershire sauce, salt, peppers, brown rice, and sautéed vegetables. Mix well. Shape into 6 patties.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Place patties evenly spaced on baking sheet.
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F to an internal temperature of 165 °F or higher for at least 15 seconds (use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature). Do not overcook.
Remove from oven and serve on a mini whole-wheat roll. Serve immediately.
Serve with onion, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, and mustard.
Yield: 6 Turkey Burger Sliders Kid Friendly Recipe